Today’s topic was media.

Todays media session was very insightful, we were exposed to a variety of media tools. My favorite tool was google draw. I enjoyed working with this tool and learning about its many features. Google draw is not that complicated and easy to use. This is a tool I would be able to use in my classroom. I can already imagine all the wonderful projects that I will soon have to scan through.

Google slides:  This seems like an AMAZING tool to have. I have never used this tool before but I do look forward to learning more about it and being able to use google slides to its full potential. This is something that I would be able use daily in my classroom, especially when we are doing our Good Morning session on the mat. As I mentioned above, I’ve not used google slides before so I was grouped into the slide skills session this afternoon, which mainly focused on working with shapes, text and images. Once I’ve got the basics under my belt, I would like to venture further and learn more about the animation aspects on google slides. I’m sad that todays session could not be split into two parts, so that next week we could build off of the basics from today and increase our knowledge on Google slides.  I feel being a primary school teacher, this is something that would be of great value to me, which I could use to enrich my lessons.

After todays session, It really has opened my eyes to a complete other side of the world that I’ve not had much exposure to. There is still SO MUCH to learn, but wow. I am amazed by what I’ve seen and experienced today. Those slides which were animated by children were amazing!!

2 thoughts on “DFI – Media

1. Kia ora Sarah,

I enjoyed reading your post this week and hearing your enthusiasm for your new learning coming through! There is so much you can learn in terms of the tools we have access to within the Google suite and unfortunately we don’t have time to go through each one in lots of detail, BUT each term we have Online Toolkits. These are 45mins workshops run by teachers and Manaiakalani facilitators. Most of these are recorded and you can find them on the Toolkit site under the archives in the top right corner. I know there are some great toolkits on animation with Google slides.

Looking forward to hearing how you get on introducing some of your new skills to your students.

Ngā mihi nui
    Vicki

2. Hi Sarah I am really pleased that you are enjoying this DFI. I’m aware that you were anxious at the beginning. It is really good to see your self-belief and your growth in confidence as the term progresses.t