Today was my first day at the DFI (Digital Fluency Intensive) online with Manaiakalani. Having come from South Africa, where things tend to be very old school, I’ve not had much experience using a lot of digital technology before. I’m excited be a part of the DFI course and look forward to broadening my horizons. Today’s course was very informative, a lot of information to digest. I look forward to being more confident as the weeks progress.

I loved the quote ” Future focused learning in connected communities” it really stood out to me and made me feel inspired as a teacher who is new to my school community. I look forward to being able to use the tools handed to me through this course to the best of my capabilities to empower successful learning.

I am most grateful for the wonderful facilitators who are so calm and who are always there to help in a step by step process.

I have learned a lot about google docs today. I feel more confident using it.

One thought on “1 Core Business DFI

1. Kia ora Sarah and welcome to the Digital Fluency Intensive!
    It’s wonderful to have you along and how great to hear that it’s broadening your horizons now that you’re part of the New Zealand education system! As you’ve noted, each new tool you learn about can increase your confidence… and dare I say, also enhance or make your workflow more efficient, which we all know is a wonderful thing in a busy teaching life!
    I love the way you managed to get your doc started and the table lines changed as well.
    What a fantastic start to the DFI! It’s a pleasure to have you here with us.
    See you on Wednesday for Week 2!
    Ngā mihi,

Amie Williams
    Manaiakalani Digital Fluency Intensive Coach